When you look at LED strip lights, you'll not think much about their transformative potential in your interior and exterior space. However, once you've researched and finished your installation, you'll be shocked by the difference it can make to the area!
How can you improve the aesthetics of your space with LED strip lights? What creative and unique ways can you try?
The Artistry of LED Strip Lights
Before, lighting was more for functionality rather than aesthetics. However, that concept has evolved, and various lighting solutions, like LED strip lights, are being used as innovative design elements!
LED strip lights are versatile and can elevate the space's ambience, showcase architectural features and create distinctive visual effects. With this lighting solution, the possibilities are endless. You only need to find the perfect strip lights for the application you’re after!
Understanding LED Strip Lights
LED strip lights are ribbon-like circuit boards with LED chips on one side and adhesive backing on the other. It's flexible, versatile, energy-efficient and available in various colours. Aside from that, LED strip lights are suitable for multiple surfaces, and if it does not stick to one, you can always try using an LED profile.
The places you can use LED strip lights are endless! You can put them anywhere, given that the model you get is suitable for the space.
Types of LED Strip Lights
You'll find many types of strip lights when you go to a lighting store or visit lighting supply websites. Yes, there's a lot, so if you go into your project without any plans, you'll be overwhelmed with the ample selection!
So, to help you get started, here are the basic types of LED strips that you should know!
- Single-colour: As the name implies, this LED strip only comes in a single colour. It's perfect for themed cafes or areas where you're sure that you don't need to change the vibe often. You find single-colour strips in red, blue, green, yellow, violet, etc. or cool white, natural white, and warm white light!
- RGB: These LED strips will give you access to thousands of colours. It's perfect for businesses and your game room, as you can switch colours based on your mood!
- CCT: If RGB strips allow you to enjoy the colour wheel, CCT strip lights will enable you to use the full colour temperature spectrum. If you don't like too much colour but wish to change the atmosphere of your space often, this is suitable for your needs!
- RGB + W: Besides the colourful light display, this LED strip light also has a dedicated white LED chip, which you can use whenever you want something simple.
Creative Applications of LED Strip Lights
By now, you might be thinking about where to use your LED strip lights. To give you some ideas, here's what you can do!
- Ambient Lighting – You can utilise CCT LED strips as ambient lighting. Because you can switch from cool white to warm white, you can create different atmospheres suitable for your activities. Try to create a soft, diffused glow with warm white light for a cosy ambience. If you're finishing your spring cleaning, you can use cool white or natural white light to help you see everything!
- Accent Lighting – Say you have unique architectural details in your home or business. LED strip lights can help showcase them better, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. Since strip lights are flexible, they can accommodate different shapes, sizes and outlines, so it will not be an issue!
- Task Lighting – In your dedicated work areas, you can use cool white or natural white LED strip lights as task lighting to provide focused illumination. This will enable you to work efficiently and comfortably and ensure that you’re accomplishing your tasks in a safe environment!
- Decorative Lighting - You can form LED strip lights in various shapes. So, you can use it as a decorative statement display in your space!
Design Principles for Using LED Strip Lights
When starting any installations, you need to make a plan first. Whether big or small, having an outline and researching will give you a better chance of succeeding and not wasting your resources. So, what do you need to know before buying a strip light, and how should you plan your design?
When selecting a strip light, it is crucial to know the purpose of the lights. Will you use it for accent lighting or decorative lighting? Once you determine that, selecting the most suitable LED strips for your project will be easier.
Some factors that you need to check before buying is colour temperature and IP rating. Say you're decorating a café that has specific themes and colour elements. It would be best to use a single-colour strip light in the required shade. If you're lighting a multi-purpose room, like a kitchen, dining room, or break room, a CCT LED strip light is better because you can utilise it as task and ambient lighting.
As for the IP rating, it depends on the placement of the strip lights. If you're using it indoors, away from areas with water, an IP20-rated strip light is ideal. Alternatively, you should use an IP65-rated LED strip in the bathroom and outdoors.
You might get carried away and do several things with your LED strip lights. While it’s okay to give each room different personalities, you should also consider the visual continuity and flow of the space.
Layering Light with LED Strip Lights
Layered lighting means using various light sources to create the perfect lighting system. When doing this technique, you need to have three layers: task lighting, accent lighting and ambient lighting.
LED strip lights are suitable for any layer, so you can use them to supplement the ones absent in your space. However, you can also draft a plan and integrate strip lights how you want!
When layering lights, begin with ambient lighting. You can use LED downlights or other ceiling lights. Afterwards, find the spots where you need task lighting, like over the kitchen countertop and kitchen island or in a reading nook in your living room. For this layer, besides strip lights, table lamps, wall fixtures, or pendant lights can provide that direct illumination you need! When you have your ambient and task lighting set up, you can proceed with accent lighting. You can use strip lights to highlight decorative architectural features or spotlights to showcase your display cabinet and painting.
Conclusion: Elevating Design with LED Strip Lights
LED strip lights can be the central element of your interior or exterior design. It can take various roles and is versatile enough to adapt to them! So, if you're intrigued by this lighting solution and curious about how it can transform your space, visit our website, LED supplier, and get yours now! We have an extensive collection, so you'll find one that fits your desired effect!