Bathroom lights are fixtures that have a higher IP rating than ordinary lights, allowing them to withstand water splashes and moisture in the air without becoming damaged. Most people don't see the need to improve their bathroom lighting situation with bathroom light fittings, but for a place that you visit... Read More
Bathroom lights are fixtures that have a higher IP rating than ordinary lights, allowing them to withstand water splashes and moisture in the air without becoming damaged. Most people don't see the need to improve their bathroom lighting situation with bathroom light fittings, but for a place that you visit often, a slight enhancement wouldn't hurt. Bathroom lights come in various forms, shapes, colours, and sizes, so you can create a marvellous bathroom that you will not want to leave!
Since water and electricity are a recipe for disaster, you must be careful installing lighting fixtures in the bathroom. You should always have them installed by a qualified electrician and stick with IP-rated lights specially designed for bathrooms. Don’t take your chances with standard lighting fixtures to save money or to make installation easier.
How to Change Bathroom Lights?
Now that you’ve finally noticed that a single ceiling light will not completely light your bathroom wall lighting, then you should start planning how to improve your bathroom lighting plan. To do this, here are some tips that you should consider:
- Layer your lights: It’s a no-brainer that having multiple light sources will increase the brightness of your space. However, layering them properly is the key to utilising each light to its full potential. You can add some plinth lights, wall lights, and IP65 downlights that will complement each other and will help you achieve a brighter and more functional bathroom.
- Add LED bathroom mirrors: Having bathroom mirrors help in opening up the space. Plus, since it’s an LED mirror, you’ll have another light source that you can use as task lighting whenever you shaving, applying your make-up or doing your skincare routine.
- Choose the right colours: White lights are essential but if you want to make your bathroom not just a place to take a bath but also a place of relaxation then you’ll need to add various colour temperatures. Include accent lighting (warm white light), ambient lighting (warm white light), task lighting (cool/natural white light), and general lighting (natural white light).
- Add dimmers: Having dimmable lights will totally change your bathroom lighting. You can customise the brightness to suit your needs. Wherever you want to unwind, just dim it and you’ll have the most relaxing atmosphere while you bathe.
When it comes to installation, it’s best that you leave it to the professionals. Just purchase the fixtures that you want and hire an electrician to mount them. They know more about these things so they’ll be able to get things done safely and correctly.
What IP Rating For Bathroom Lights?
Your bathroom has different zones, and each zone has a prescribed IP rating that your lights need to have.
- Zone 0 – Directly inside the bath and the shower; IP67 rated light and above.
- Zone 1 – Above the bath or shower up to a height of 2.25 metres; IP65 rated or IP44 rated.
- Zone 2 – 0.6 metres from outside the washbasin up to a height of 2.25 metres; IP44 rated.
- Zone 3 (Outside Zones) – outside zone 0, 1, and 2; IP20 rated.
How to Change Bathroom Ceiling Light Bulbs?
Changing your ceiling bathroom lights is the same as changing bulbs in other parts of your home. Here’s a guide:
- Turn off the switch and use a step stool to reach the bathroom light fixture.
- Remove the cover of your lights either by twisting or pulling the cover down.
- Remove the busted bulb and replace it with a new one.
- Put the cover back and say hello to your gorgeously bright lights!
What Lights Can You Use In A Bathroom?
Regarding what lights can you use in a bathroom, there are various types of lighting styles that you can adopt. These can be light fittings such as fire-rated downlights, LED bathroom mirror lights with a demister pad as well as shower lights.
Each of these examples will serve as a great option to get the most out of your ambient lighting requirements. You will be surprised to know that other than the kitchen, your bathroom is required to be the most well-lit room in your home. Therefore, ensuring that you have the best possible lighting setup for a beautiful bathroom is of the utmost importance.
Alternatively, you can opt for LED Bathroom Mirrors that can serve as a two-in-one style purchase. Being both a viable lighting option as well as a stylish mirror alternative - rather than having to purchase both a mirror and then deciding on what lighting you need for a particular part of your bathroom.
We also host an IP65 Shower Downlight which can revamp your bathroom layout, whilst being water-resistant which is the most important thing. In fact, all of the Bathroom Downlights that we host at LED Supplier are IP65 rated, ensuring that they are water-resistant.
How Long Do LED Strip Lights Last?
It is possible that you have other light bulbs installed, other than LEDs and are considering opting to have LED lights installed. There are plenty of benefits that come with having LED bulbs, although people often ask how long do LED strip lights last. With this in mind, you may be surprised as to how long they last.
Simply put, LEDs have a considerably longer lifespan than other traditional light bulbs. You can expect your LED strip lights to remain operational for up to 50,000 hours. In comparison, other traditional light bulbs such as Halogen’s will last you between 1000-2000 hours.
On top of providing a long life expectancy, LED strip lights are also handy when it comes to their energy efficiency. LEDs only require 10% of the power necessary as traditional lightbulbs, ensuring that you are saving money on your energy bills whilst not having to worry about your LEDs losing power.
LEDs are also convenient in the array of options that are available. The reason being is that opting for LEDs will allow you to choose between a vast array of light bulbs. Not only this but you can tailor strip lights to provide a stylish lighting solution for various rooms in your home.