LED lighting is one of the front runners in the lighting industry, as it has revolutionised how people illuminate their homes and businesses. Because of their energy efficiency, versatility, durability, and cost-effectiveness, LED lighting has become the go-to for many consumers.
Benefits of LED Lighting
While many have proven the advantages of LED lighting, some are still sceptical about testing this lighting solution. With all the information circling around, it's pretty tricky to determine which is true. So, to help you decide if LED lights are an excellent option, here are some of their benefits!
Energy Efficiency and Cost Savings
Unlike traditional lighting solutions, LED fixtures can efficiently convert power into light. About 95% of the energy they consume is transformed into luminance, while only 5% goes to waste. So even if your LED fixture only needs 5w of power, it can still produce 400 lumens brightness!
How does this translate for your finances? With low power consumption, naturally, your electric bill will decrease. Just imagine the amount you'll be able to save if you swap out all your incandescent bulbs for LED lights!
Durability and Longevity
LED lights can last an average of 30,000 – 50,000 hours, with some brands extending up to 100,000 hours. Besides, they don't just die down after reaching that average lifespan. LED fixtures undergo lumens depreciation, where the brightness slowly dwindles after reaching its expected finish line. As a result, you're actually getting more time with your LEDs than what the box says!
When shopping for LED lights, you'll see a variety of shapes, sizes, colours, finishes, and textures. Some have a minimalist design, while others sport a fancy look! With LED lighting, you can set up your lighting system however you please because there's a fixture designed to accommodate your requirements!
On top of saving your wallet from excessive expenses, LED lighting fixtures can also help save the environment. This lighting solution does not contain toxic chemicals like mercury, and your carbon footprint decreases because of its low energy consumption! In addition, since LED fixtures can last for years, the need to replace them lessens. Because of this, the demand for factories decreases, lowering greenhouse gas emissions!
Top LED Lighting Products
By now, you may be wondering what types of LED fixtures you can get to increase the visual appeal, functionality, and atmosphere of your space. Here are some of the best LED light products you can try!
- LED Downlights: It's a recessed lighting fixture installed into a hollow gap in the ceiling. When switched on, it produces a downward light beam similar to a narrow spotlight or wide floodlight.
- LED Panel Lights: It's usually used to replace ceiling fluorescent lamps and is considered one of the best indoor lighting options. It has a frosted diffuser and an outer frame which stops light from escaping!
- LED Strip Lights: It's a ribbon-like circuit board with LED chips on one side and an adhesive backing on the other. LED strip lights are the most versatile and easy to install among LED lighting types.
- LED Batten Lights: It's an eco-friendly tube light perfect for replacing old fluorescent tubes. LED battens are flicker-free, instant start and can produce a steady stream of illumination.
- LED Cabinet Lights: It's installed under/over/inside cabinets, shelves and similar areas, providing localised luminance for a particular work surface.
Applications and Styles
You can use LED lighting anywhere, not just in your home. Here are some that you can do in your space!
LED lighting is suitable to use all around your home. However, you must consider the most appropriate fixture for each room to support its purpose.
Ambient lighting and task lighting are needed in the kitchen as it's one of the busiest and most visited rooms. You must ensure sufficient illumination in the workstation (counters and island) but still be cosy enough to unwind at night.
It's best to focus on ambient lighting for the living room and bedroom, as they're centred on relaxation. You can add a wall light with natural white light if you have a reading nook and add strip lights behind the television to improve the aesthetics!
There are many types of LED lighting that you can employ in your business space. You can add cool white panel lights in meeting and conference rooms, use natural white LED batten lights for the main office area and utilise warm white LED downlights in the break room.
Efficiency, productivity, and functionality is the priority of commercial spaces. Therefore, no matter the type of fixture you use, it's best to stick with a natural white and cool white colour temperature as they boost focus and alertness. You can only use warm white light in reception areas and break rooms as it creates a calming atmosphere.
Modern and Minimalist Styles
LED downlights and strip lights are the best lighting fixtures for bringing out a modern and minimalist style. A downlight has a simple round bezel with various finishes, allowing you to blend your recessed lights with the colour of your ceiling or use them as a beautiful accent that complements the rest of your style.
As for LED strip lights, it's nearly out of sight because you can stick them behind furniture, appliances, and décor. Nonetheless, the brightness it brings adds dimensions and depth to the room!
Traditional and Classic Styles
For this kind of theme, you can use any LED but consider looking for vintage lamps and use LED bulbs to really bring out the vibe that you want. Also, try finding classic chandeliers and pendants and add LED lamps to ensure energy efficiency!
Creative and Artistic Styles
Consider using colour-changing LED strip lights on your steps, under your bedframe, or in areas where people don't usually choose but you think will work. Since strip lights are versatile, flexible and available in various colours, this is the best lighting solution for people who wants to express their creativity with lights!
Choosing the Right Lighting Products
Because there are many types of LED lighting that you can use, you may find it overwhelming to determine which is ideal with which. To optimise the use of your fixtures and maximise the illumination brought to your space, here are some pointers you can use as a guide!
- Consider the Function and Purpose of the Space: You don't need six LED panel lights with cool white LED colour in the bedroom. It will keep you awake at night since the room will be too bright! So, it's crucial to identify the use of the room before browsing and shopping for fixtures.
- Evaluate the Size and Layout of the Area: Don't overlight your space. While keeping it bright for the function is necessary, it does not mean you should fill it up to the brim! Know the size of your room to determine the number of fixtures you need and what types of lights will work best.
- Identify the Preferred Style and Design Elements: After pinning the function and purpose and evaluating the size and layout of the room, you can then proceed with the styling and decorating. Look for fixtures that suit your aesthetic preference but still, don't forget about practicality!
- Consult with Professionals and Experts: Researching can help you get started with designing your lighting system. However, if you want to perfect it and get the best setup for your space, it's ideal to consult experts. Yes, you'll pay them, but it's worth the extra expense once you see the finished product!
LED lighting will not be popular today if all its claims are false. However, they have proven their superiority over other lighting solutions. LED fixtures are durable, energy-efficient, long-lasting, cost-effective, and low maintenance. So, if you want to jump ships and switch to LEDs, visit our website, LED Supplier! We have an extensive range of LED downlights, panels, battens, strip lights, and more!