Creating an ergonomic workplace is crucial to ensure the success of any business. It’s difficult to expect diligence and proficiency if the space is the primary reason contributing to its lack! So, how can you combat such conditions, and is there hope to quickly change the mood and encourage people... Read More
Creating an ergonomic workplace is crucial to ensure the success of any business. It’s difficult to expect diligence and proficiency if the space is the primary reason contributing to its lack! So, how can you combat such conditions, and is there hope to quickly change the mood and encourage people to work efficiently? The answer is simple, reinvent your space with LED Tubes!
LED tubes are long, straight lamps that operate in traditional fluorescent tube holders. It’s a more energy-efficient and long-lasting substitute, making it a strong contender in the commercial lighting industry! Among its different types, the T8 LED tube light is the most common. The number after the letter “T” corresponds to the size (diameter) of the tube in eight of an inch. Therefore, a T8 LED tube has a diameter of 8/8 inch or 1 inch.
Are LED tubes better than fluorescent tubes?
Unless you’re a professional in the lighting industry, it’s difficult to distinguish between an LED tube and a fluorescent tube. Nonetheless, while the two look similar outside, their inside is different. So, which one is better?
LED Tubes are better than fluorescent tubes for various reasons:
- LED tubes can last way longer than fluorescent lights. While fluorescents can last for 5 years, LED tubes can last for more than 10 years!
- LED tubes are made from plastics, electronics and aluminium, while fluorescents are constructed from glass, mercury and metal. It’s evident that the materials used for designing LED tubes are more long-lasting, safe, and eco-friendly.
- LED tubes can produce a full spectrum of colour that nearly resembles sunlight, while fluorescent tubes have a limited colour spectrum (red, green, and blue light), making them look artificial. Since the colour of LED lights is like sunshine, it can help improve the mood of the people and lessen the burden of a full-swing busy office!
Why should you switch to LED tubes?
Aside from longevity, general makeup and light quality, there are other aspects of LED tubes that make them superior to the rest. Here are some:
- Energy-efficient - Because LED tubes are powered with LED technology, all the energy they consume is converted to light, not to produce heat. If you compare this energy-to-light output conversion rate, fluorescent tubes will not be able to come near an LED tube’s efficiency.
- Length - LED tubes come in various sizes, so you’ll not run out of options. You can get them in 2ft, 4ft (most common), 5ft and 6ft.
- Dimmable - Some LED tubes can be dimmed, allowing you to fully customise your working environment to your preferences.
- Colour Temperature - You can get our LED tubes in cool, natural and warm white light, which is excellent, especially if you want to segment different zones in your office. Warm white light for the break room, natural white light for the general office, and cool white light for the conference and meeting rooms.
Where to use LED Tubes?
LED Tubes are known for their high output of luminance, and because of that, they’ve become the go-to for various spaces. Here are some:
- Storage rooms
- Car parks
- Lounge areas
If you don’t mind, you can also use LED tube lights at home in your kitchen, basement or attic! You can also incorporate it in your lighting design with LED strip lights, bulbs and other LED products.