Ceiling spotlights are directional lights producing a concentrated narrow beam straight to a particular spot. It’s a famous lighting solution that's ideal for lighting in such places as the living room that highlights focal points, which gives a room a distinct character and vibe.... Read More
Ceiling spotlights are directional lights producing a concentrated narrow beam straight to a particular spot. It’s a famous lighting solution that's ideal for lighting in such places as the living room that highlights focal points, which gives a room a distinct character and vibe.
Aside from that, typically, these lights are used as task lighting because of the amount of illumination they give to a space and how energy-efficient they are. Consequently, to light your kitchen islands (dining areas) and workspaces, these are a great choice to provide you with the brightness that you need for your tasks.
While illumination is essential, you also need to think about the aesthetics of your space. Well, that will not be a problem if you have a ceiling spotlight since the fixture itself is sublime! Often, you will notice when you visit someone's home with LED ceiling spotlights, these light bulbs offer a unique style to the aesthetic.
Whilst none of these lighting options are a 'one-size-fits-all' - this gives an added advantage to your home if you're looking to stand out from the crowd. Although these are becoming popular among the public, our LED ceiling lights here at LED Supplier are permitting users to present their own eccentric twist on this lighting fixture.
Along with these benefits, you will experience first-hand when you use our products here at LED Supplier, realising how much longer the LED power supply last - compared to traditional forms of lighting. For example, if you had these lights on for 10 hours a day for 14 years - then they would finally need changing. Whereas, conventional lighting will only last between 750-2000 hours. View our models below to see what suits your kitchen today!
How to Wire Spotlights in the Ceiling?
Before you begin wiring your ceiling spotlights, make sure that you have prior experience and are confident doing it yourself. If you're not, call for an electrician and let them handle it because only professionals should do any electrical installations.
- Separate the circuit, switch off the power and remove the cable/s from your existing ceiling rose. In a loop-in system, label the cables to know the switch drop and the circuit cables.
- Pull out the rose base plate and stick the cables back to the ceiling.
- If you see one cable supplied with the old rose, attach it to the new cable for spotlights with a three-terminal junction box. If there are more than two cables, use a four-terminal junction box.
- Crimp the supply cable to expose the ends of the cores. Then link them to the ceiling spotlight. Position the clips correctly and push the light into the holes. Once you’re done, check if the clip has caught the plasterboard and is holding the ceiling lights tightly in place.
- If needed, patch up the hole where your old ceiling rose was, let the filler dry, sand it and paint.
How to Fit Ceiling Spotlights?
Unlike recessed lighting, fitting ceiling LED spotlights is not difficult since you don't need to cut a hole. Aside from that, everything that you'll need comes with the lights, so all you have to do is follow the instruction manual. But here’s a simple guide:
- Remove the screws attaching the fixing bracket to the fixture and save them for later.
- Hold your bracket against the ceiling and mark the holes. Make sure that the fixture is level.
- Before drilling anything, ensure that the ceiling can bear the load of the fixture and that there are no pipes or wires in the way.
- Wire the spotlight and fix it into position.
How to Remove Ceiling Spotlight Fittings?
As easy as mounting your spotlight fixtures, removing them is also a breeze! Just do the reverse of the installation guide, and you're good to go! Here's a guide:
- Turn off the power and remove all the LED bulbs. If the bulbs are still okay, then you can reuse them if you want.
- Detach the fixture from the mounting bracket.
- Unlink the wires from the fixture and the power supply.
- Set the fixture aside and unscrew the mounting bracket.
- If you want, patch the holes in the ceiling from the mounting bracket, and you're done!
Once you've identified all these steps that are essential in moving forward with your ideal lighting, you're now ready to go and find an LED spotlight that will suit your home's aesthetic and create the perfect ambience for what you're trying to portray.
Underneath this, you will see an endless array of our best-selling spotlights that will add that seamless and minimalistic look to your home and kitchen. Wherever you decide to place these, LED Supplier are here to assist and guide you with the process. View your options below!